Pirates Still Hip

Just thought I would remind you that if you are so inclined to dress like a Medievil Sith Lord or Link from Zelda, the Ohio Renaissance Festival is in it's last throes this weekend in beautiful Harveysburg, Ohio. I'm not much of a fan, in fact I felt like a tourist/outsider on my visit last weekend, but the non-stop people-watching is worth the price of admission. I had no idea that so many fantasize about a life of potions, mead, beeswax candles, and gigantic turkey legs (made out of pork, i'm sure). The scariest addition is the onslaught of pirates. They have even included a pirate show this year. There were more pirates walking the fields than elfs and knights. Some guy even tried to sell me a Captain Jack Sparrow gold medallion. WTF?

Which got me to thinking....Whatever happened to that band from Columbus that go by the horrid little name of Pirate? Because from what I heard late last year, they had a good thing going on. I'm happy to announce the page I just linked you toward is refreshed with a duo of new songs by the band. Here's hoping they decide to be a bit more proactive and play out more than every other Renaissance Fest. Ahoy.
2 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
why didn't you buy me any chain mail crap?
Post a Comment
<< Home