Expanding My Mind...
In an effort to become a writer, in the full-time sense, I've taken on a number of other projects to make sure I have something to do every hour of my day besides re-watching The Office Season 2 and subbing fourth grade.
My latest endeavor is a bit of pro-bono work for former Columbus resident, now Brooklyn transplant, Todd Burn's excellent Stylus Magazine. I'm a daily reader of the site, so I thought I'd offer my services, in the off-chance that they would need them. The first assignment he sent my way was a feature on a Columbus label I never knew existed, Catbird Records. Ryan Catbird, owner and blogger extraodinaire, claims that it's not a Columbus label, just a label based out of Columbus. Here's suggesting Heavy Mole pay this guy a visit, in order to turn the tables.
This discovery may just be the impetus (compounded with CDR and ManUp)needed to put Columbus into the forefront of indie rock, on a national scale, on a global scale. Maybe not.
Regardless, he's released one of the finest records of the year, in Tap Tap's Lanzafame. Alas, they are not from Columbus, but Reading, England (still, there's a Columbus zip code on the return address). Just listen...

And here's my interview with Mr. Catbird, if you're so inclined to indulge in my shameless cross-promotions.
My latest endeavor is a bit of pro-bono work for former Columbus resident, now Brooklyn transplant, Todd Burn's excellent Stylus Magazine. I'm a daily reader of the site, so I thought I'd offer my services, in the off-chance that they would need them. The first assignment he sent my way was a feature on a Columbus label I never knew existed, Catbird Records. Ryan Catbird, owner and blogger extraodinaire, claims that it's not a Columbus label, just a label based out of Columbus. Here's suggesting Heavy Mole pay this guy a visit, in order to turn the tables.
This discovery may just be the impetus (compounded with CDR and ManUp)needed to put Columbus into the forefront of indie rock, on a national scale, on a global scale. Maybe not.
Regardless, he's released one of the finest records of the year, in Tap Tap's Lanzafame. Alas, they are not from Columbus, but Reading, England (still, there's a Columbus zip code on the return address). Just listen...

And here's my interview with Mr. Catbird, if you're so inclined to indulge in my shameless cross-promotions.
2 Comments:
i'm pro-todd burns.
he paid heavy mole a visit, and from what i could tell, was not impressed. it was one of our less gay nights, so i don't blame him.
Post a Comment
<< Home